By Carlos Sessa
The top programming suggestions are usually the shortest and simplest—the hacks. during this compact and infinitely worthy publication, Android specialist Carlos Sessa provides 50 hacks that may prevent time, stretch your abilities, and perhaps even make you smile.
About this Book
Hacks. smart programming options to resolve thorny little difficulties. Ten traces of code that prevent days of labor. The little gem stones you examine from the previous man within the subsequent dice or from the geniuses on Stack Overflow. That's simply what you'll locate during this compact and worthwhile book.
The identify 50 Android Hacks says all of it. starting from the mundane to the astounding, each one self-contained, absolutely illustrated hack is simply a number of pages lengthy and comprises annotated resource code. those useful thoughts are equipped into twelve collections overlaying format, animations, styles, and more.
• Hack three making a customized ViewGroup
• Hack eight Slideshow utilizing the Ken Burns effect
• Hack 20 The Model-View-Presenter pattern
• Hack 23 The SyncAdapter pattern
• Hack 31 Aspect-oriented programming in Android
• Hack 34 utilizing Scala inside of Android
• Hack forty three Batching database operations
• Plus forty three extra hacks!
Most hacks paintings with Android 2.x and larger. Version-specific hacks are essentially marked.
Purchase of the print publication contains a loose book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Author
Carlos Sessa is a passionate expert Android developer. He's lively on Stack Overflow and is an avid hack collector.
Table of Contents
<ol>• operating your manner round layouts
• growing cool animations
• View assistance and tricks
• operating with lists and adapters
• necessary libraries
• Interacting with different languages
• Ready-to-use snippets
• past database basics
• warding off fragmentation
• construction tools
Read Online or Download 50 Android Hacks PDF
Similar programming books
OReilly. Introducing. commonplace. Expressions. Jul. 2012. RETAIL. eBook-ELOHiM
154 pages, yet over 6MB. . textual content is searchable notwithstanding there are a variety of images from terminals.
If you’re a programmer new to ordinary expressions, this easy-to-follow advisor is a brilliant position to begin. You’ll study the basics step by step with the aid of a variety of examples, studying first-hand how one can fit, extract, and rework textual content by way of matching particular phrases, characters, and patterns.
* realize what ordinary expressions are and the way they paintings
* research the various modifications among average expressions used with command-line instruments and in numerous programming languages
* follow easy tools for locating styles in textual content, together with digits, letters, Unicode characters, and string literals
* easy methods to use zero-width assertions and lookarounds
* paintings with teams, backreferences, personality periods, and quantifiers
* Use common expressions to mark up undeniable textual content with HTML5
Over forty recipes that can assist you create lovely fabrics and textures utilizing the Cycles rendering engine with Blender.
• Create naturalistic fabrics and textures - resembling rock, snow, ice and hearth - utilizing Cycles;
• research Cycle’s node-based fabric system;
• familiarize yourself with the robust Cycles rendering engine.
Cycles is Blender’s new, robust rendering engine. utilizing functional examples, this e-book will enable you create an enormous array of real looking and gorgeous fabrics and texture results utilizing the Cycles rendering engine.
Blender 2. 6 Cycles: fabrics and Textures Cookbook is a pragmatic trip into the recent and intriguing Cycles rendering engine for Blender. during this e-book you'll how to create an unlimited array of fabrics and textures in Cycles, together with glass, ice, snow, rock, steel and water. so that it will take your 3D versions to the following point, yet don’t understand how, then this cookbook is for you!
In this functional cookbook, you are going to find out how to create lovely fabrics and textures to truly carry your 3D types to existence! Diving deep into Cycles you are going to examine Cycle’s node-based fabric method, easy methods to set-up a 3D scene for rendering, tips to create a common and man-made fabrics in addition to the right kind association and re-use of Cycles fabrics to avoid wasting you time and effort.
To make sure that your creations glance lovely you'll find out how illumination works in Cycles, enhance the standard of the ultimate render and to prevent the presence of noise and fireflies.
Each bankruptcy of Blender 2. 6 Cycles: fabrics and Textures Cookbook builds at the complexity of the final in order that through the tip of this booklet you are going to understand how to create a magnificent library of realistic-looking fabrics and textures.
What you are going to study from this book
• Create a simple Cycles fabric blending the closure components;
• attach nodes of alternative varieties to construct extra complex materials;
• upload node-based textures to the shaders;
• Create basic and intricate fabrics similar to glass, stone, fireplace and ice;
• swap shader elements with no affecting a probably complicated community of links;
• dad or mum and rename the nodes to higher arrange the “Node Editor” window;
• construct fabric interfaces for common use in complicated fabrics by means of grouping the shaders inside of groups;
• Set-up light-sources and the “World” international Illumination.
Written in a pleasant, sensible kind this Cookbook deep-dives right into a wide-array of options used to create lifelike fabrics and textures.
Who this ebook is written for
This e-book is ideal for you when you've got used Blender sooner than yet are new to the outstanding Cycles renderer. you'll have a few wisdom of the Blender interface, although this isn't a strict requirement.
If you need to create reasonable, attractive fabrics and textures utilizing Cycles, then this ebook is for you!
As consumer interface designers, software program builders, and yes-as clients, we know the disappointment that incorporates utilizing "one measurement suits all" software program from off the shelf. Repeating an identical instructions over and over, placing up with an unfriendly graphical interface, being not able to application a brand new software that you just considered yourself-these are all universal court cases.
- RabbitMQ in Action
- C Programming: A Modern Approach (2nd Edition)
- OpenGL Insights
- C++ Primer Plus (6th Edition)
- The Go Programming Language
- Learn Cocoa on the Mac (2nd Edition)
Additional info for 50 Android Hacks
Anim. ImageSwitcher works in the same way, except with images instead of text. 1 The bottom line The TextSwitcher and ImageSwitcher methods give you a simple way to add animated transitions. Their role is to make these transitions less dull and more vibrant. Don’t abuse them; you don’t want your application to look like a Christmas tree! 6+ By default, when you add views to a ViewGroup, they’re instantly added and displayed, but there’s an easier way to animate that action. In this hack, I’ll show you how to apply an animation to children views being added to their parent ViewGroup.
So when does the view get assigned its size? 2) says: Drawing the layout is a two pass process: a measure pass and a layout pass. The measuring pass is implemented in measure(int, int) and is a top-down traversal of the View tree. Each View pushes dimension specifications down the tree during the recursion. At the end of the measure pass, every View has stored its measurements. The second pass happens in layout(int, int, int, int) and is also top-down. During this pass each parent is responsible for positioning all of its children using the sizes computed in the measure pass.
CreateFromAsset(assets, FONT_DIGITAL_7); setTypeface(font); B Sets the typeface } } When the object is created, we get the font from the assets folder and set it as the typeface B. Now that we have a widget capable of showing text with a custom font, we’ll take care of how the numbers will be drawn. 1 you’ll notice it can be done with two TextViews. The first one is a shadow in the back that draws 88:88:88, and the second one draws the current time. To add the glowing effect, the TextView provides a method with the following signature: public void setShadowLayer (float radius, float dx, float dy, int color) This can also be accessed from the XML with the following properties: android :shadowColor, android:shadowDx, android:shadowDy, and android:shadowRadius.