By Jan P. A. Baak M.D., Ph.D., Jan Oort M.D., Ph.D. (auth.)
Read Online or Download A Manual of Morphometry in Diagnostic Pathology PDF
Best pathology books
Contemplating a occupation that indulges your CSI fantasies? are looking to comprehend the psychology of crime? even if learning it for the 1st time or an spectator, Forensic Psychology For Dummies grants all of the necessities for figuring out this interesting box, complemented with interesting case examples from worldwide.
East Carolina Univ. Greenville, NC. short content material evaluation of histology, for scientific scholars getting ready for finals or the USMLE. Concisely provides purely crucial details. prior variation: c1997. define layout. Softcover. DNLM: Histology--Examination Questions.
Molecular Genetic Pathology provides up to date fabric containing primary info proper to the scientific perform of molecular genetic pathology. half I examines the medical parts of molecular biology, genomics, pharmacogenomics and proteomics, whereas half II covers the molecular components of clinical genetics, microbiology, hematology, transfusion medication, oncology and forensic pathology.
Pathology of a number of being pregnant collates case fabric from over 500 autopsies (including embryos) and 1200 placentas from twins, triplets, and better multiples with chosen literature on human a number of copy. It emphasizes very important new suggestions of pathophysiology and interpretation of under excellent results of a number of belief in keeping with over 30 years event within the box.
- Atlas of Soft Tissue Tumor Pathology
- Molecular Pathology of Gastroenterological Cancer: Application to Clinical Practice
- Color Atlas of Pathophysiology
- Practical Pathology Informatics: Demystifying informatics for the practicing anatomic pathologist
- Mikrozirkulation / Microcirculation
- Pulmonary Pathology — Tumors
Additional resources for A Manual of Morphometry in Diagnostic Pathology
2. Receiver Operating Characteristic curve. T 1 and T 2 are two different thresholds of feature X, where the value in fig. 1 of T 1 < T 2. w > I- o~----~-------------- o % FALSE NEGATIVE ____~ 50 lignant from those with less severe abnormalities a point T 1 must be selected at which the false negative rate is low. Thus, the method of selection ofdecision thresholds with the "best" discriminating power is by no means fixed. It depends on the requirements of the operator. 4 Decision Rules Of course, the higher the efficiency, sensitivity, specificity and predictive value of a positive and negative result the better the diagnostic power of a certain feature.
Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 75, 769-772. I. G. (1981). Pathology and probabilities. A new approach to interpreting and reporting biopsies. N. Engl. I. Med. 305, 917-923. 40 Chapter 5 Structural Morphology J. A. 1 Introduction Normal and pathologically changed human organs, tissues and cells are very complicated structures. In diagnostic pathology one tends to look at special structural features, overlooking other details regarded as unimportant. 3). The latter is composed of features in a structural interrelation, thought to be specific for the pathological diagnosis considered.
7. A. and Dunnill (1982). Morphometry. Edward Arnold, London. E. de, Graaf, S. de, Makkink, B. E. (1982). Prognostic indicators in breast cancer - morphometric methods. Histopathology 6,327-339. E. J. (1980). Time of ovulation reflected in nuclear and cytoplasmic size of vaginal and buccal epithelial cells. IRCS Medical Science, Obstetrics and Gynecology 8, 778-779. S. (1950). Mitotic activity in the tissue of dead mice, and in tissues kept in physiological salt solution. Exp. Cell. Res. I, 410-420.