By Lincoln C. Chen, Jaime Sepulveda Amor, Sheldon J. Segal
Over the prior decade, the AIDS pandemic has propagated so generally and exerted the sort of dev astating influence that one might appropriately ask the query, Why no longer focus all AIDS efforts on illness keep an eye on by myself? Why hyperlink AIDS with women's reproductive healthiness? what's the clinical foundation for this linkage? and the way may relief~ regulate and women's well-being pursuits be promot ed concurrently? those questions represent the crucial topics addressed during this monograph. The 15 chapters during this quantity are meant to supply state of the art reports of key interac tions among AIDS and women's reproductive well-being for an viewers of scientists and coverage makers within the AIDS and inhabitants fields. Impetus for this monograph is available in pan from what we understand to be an insufficient international reaction, up to now, to AIDS and women's overall healthiness ;>roblems. a typical platform has did not emerge one of the disparate expert groups operating within the components of AIDS, STDs, and relations making plans. consequently, endeavors in those fields were remoted, and possibilities for joint motion were neglected. an incredible and, as but, unharnessed capability exists for strength ful interdisciplinary collaborations which could increase regulations and courses opposed to those urgent illnesses of humankind.
Read Online or Download AIDS and Women’s Reproductive Health PDF
Similar developmental biology books
The significantly acclaimed laboratory usual, equipment in Enzymology , is among the such a lot hugely revered guides within the box of biochemistry. due to the fact that 1955, each one quantity has been eagerly awaited, often consulted, and praised by way of researchers and reviewers alike. The sequence includes a lot fabric nonetheless appropriate this day - actually a vital booklet for researchers in all fields of lifestyles sciences.
Aimed toward highschool scholars and non-scientists attracted to this well timed subject, Developmental Biology is a guided journey of humankind's embryological trip. It examines not just the embryo but in addition the triumphs and tribulations of biologists from the earliest heritage of embryology to the newest theories during this attention-grabbing box.
The interplay among biology and evolution has been the topic of significant curiosity in recent times. simply because evolution is this type of hugely debated subject, a biologically orientated dialogue will allure not just to scientists and biologists but in addition to the lay individual. This subject will regularly be a topic of controversy and hence any breaking information about it really is of serious curiosity.
- International Review of Cytology, Vol. 157
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Development (Medical Intelligence Unit)
- Cell Surface Proteases
- Conceptual Change in Biology: Scientific and Philosophical Perspectives on Evolution and Development
- Growth Factors and Their Receptors in Cell Differentiation, Cancer and Cancer Therapy (Elsevier Insights)
Additional info for AIDS and Women’s Reproductive Health
These conditions are primarily the economic and social forces that deny some African women other means of livelihood and result in large pools of migrant male labour. The absence of effective health services and control programs for Sills in most African countries may also be considered factors that affect the transmission of HIV-l. 40 Other behavioral factors, such as sex during menses, have not been shown, in our work or in studies of couples, to be associated with HIV-l infection in men (29,30,31,32).
7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 24 National Commission on AIDS. 3: Research, the workforce and the HIY epidemic in rural America. August 1990. Piot P, Taelman H, Minlangu KB et al. AIDS in a heterosexual population in Zaire. Lancet July 14,1984; 1984:65-69. The Centers for Disease Control. Revisions of guidelines for the prevention and management of HIY infection in women and their children. Working group meeting, Atlanta, George, August 1-2, 1990 (final draft in preparation). The National Institutes of Health.
4. 5. Jason IM, McDougal IS, Dixon Get a1. HTLV-III/LAV antibody and immune status of household contacts and sexual partners of persons with hemophilia. J Amer Med Assoc 1986; 255:212-5.